Friday, December 24, 2010

DEATH SINGS A LULLABY

As another year is about to end, suddenly the thought of death came into my mind. It will be like a full stop where you no longer exist,I think.In Harry Potter,it is explained as "as easy as falling asleep".Death becomes a shock when it happens to a youngster and a relief when the person was a bed ridden elder.At any rate it is a stressful event for those who are close to the dead one.Any way the loss will be an irreparable one as no human can replace another.With the sorrow of two tragic accidents happened this year to two wonderful families I know, my year end thoughts refuse to go beyond the realm of death.Since I do not believe in rebirths, the losses are permanent.I hope people who suffered the trauma of losing their dear ones will recover someday somehow.
It may be a lullaby to those who left
But the dear ones hear only a sad song
As another year pass
the sorrow remains do not know how long?
When shiva the destroyer dances and yama enters the house
You surrender even if you are strong
You leave your body and all is blank
you go to rest while the church bells say "ding dong"

LET THERE BE LIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment